The UGAMA organization’s vision is to become a successful and model institution that can contribute to “the social and economic well-being of members characterized by their solidarity and a better standard of living in terms of income, food security and education.
The overall mission of UGAMA is “That cooperatives be valid partners and negotiators of other economic and social development actors”.
- Supporting cooperatives so that they become economically stronger and more involved in improving the living conditions of the population.
- Supporting cooperatives so that their members become more involved in the management and increase their ownership.
- Supporting unions of cooperatives and / or any other form of cooperation among cooperatives for a greater ability to solve their problems.
UGAMA'S strategic plan (2020-2024)
In the coming five years (2020-2024), UGAMA proposes means of action allowing cooperatives to improve the practical modalities of organization and management as well as the improvement of the profitability of production and the increase in the income of members of cooperatives supervised by UGAMA.
Thus, cooperatives must be profitable and viable economic entities, capable of achieving performance and profitability from their actions. This will be done through:
1. Actions aimed at improving the economic level and professional management of cooperatives
- Promotion of inclusive local entrepreneurship initiatives in cooperatives
- Maximization of productivity
- Access to the market for the sale of their products with remunerative prices and the continual improvement of household living conditions.
- To members (easy access to financing, to diversified sources of income, to decent and productive jobs, to public services, etc.).
2. Actions aimed at promoting action-research initiatives, taking into account cross-cutting themes
- Youth Employment
- Social inclusion and consideration of the environment and the consequences of climate change